All Club Leaders, with a valid email address within the Club System, can access the Volunteer Portal. There are two different ways to access the Volunteer Portal, depending on whether or not you have a Gmail account.
Currently, we update the access to the Volunteer portal on the last working day of each month, so if you are newly added to the Club System, you will get access from the end of that month. You will not recieve an email to confirm this, though your local Staff Member is informed when the system is updated.
You need a Google account to access the portal, and anyone with an @gmail.com account has a Google account by default. However, you can create a Google account using the email address you currently have, so you do not have to create a new Gmail account to access the volunteer portal- Option B below outlines how best to do this.
Option A: My current email is an @gmail.com account.
- Go directly to the link for the Volunteer Portal.
- If asked for a password, enter the password you use for your Gmail or Google account.
- You will now have access to the Volunteer Portal. We recommend that you 'favourite' or 'bookmark' the link so that it is easy to access again.
Option B: My current Email is not an @gmail.com account (e.g. @eircom.net, @yahoo.com, @hotmail.com, etc.)
- Click on this link to set up a Google account: https://accounts.google.com/signup.
- Choose 'I prefer to use my current email address'. Enter your current email address, and type in a desired password. It is not necessary to type in your phone number.
- Tick 'I Agree'. You should then receive a verification email from Google. Click on the link to activate your Google account.
- NOTE: if you previously had set up a Google or Youtube account that used your current email address, you may get an error at this point, stating there is already a Google account that uses that email address. You can simply reset the password, log in, and continue on.
- Go to the Volunteer Portal.
- We recommend that you 'favourite' or 'bookmark' the link so that it is easy to access again.
To access the Volunteer Portal at a later point,
- just use the Volunteer Portal bookmark, or use the link at the top of the www.foroige.ie homepage.
- Log in with your Gmail or Google account, and you're in!
If you still haven't got access, check with your club leader that the email address has been entered correctly into the Club System, and that it was entered (or updated) before the last time the access to the Portal was updated. If you are still stuck, please contact your local staff member.