Foróige's Be Healthy, Be Happy programme aims to:
"Enable young people to take charge of their health and well-being in order to enhance the quality of their lives to develop strengths and assets in the areas of physical, mental, social and spiritual health"
Foróige's Health & Well-being programme, Be Healthy, Be Happy is a holistic programme exploring physical, social, mental and spiritual health.
The programme enables young people aged 12-18 years to develop a greater understanding of health-related topics which affect their overall development and equip them with the skills and competencies to take control over their health and well-being
The programme covers topics such as nutrition, exercise, social skills and bullying, what helps and what hurts mental health, personal strengths and talents, spiritual qualities and relaxation techniques.
Throughout the programme you will:
• Evaluate your own health and well-being.
• Gain knowledge of health professionals and services which can offer advice or support around physical, mental, social and spiritual health needs.
• You will be able to look at your current lifestyle and identify factors that help or hinder their physical health.
• Examine how physical activity can benefit their physical health and well-being.
• Identify the positive effects of regular activity, a healthy balanced diet and good personal hygiene routine.
• Identify personal social skills and recognise the importance of being themselves in social situations.
• Demonstrate effective communication skills in different social situations.
How do I participate in Be Healthy Be Happy?
Speak to your Foróige Staff Person or Volunteer Leader.