The Clubhouse is looking for people who are interested in mentoring young people and who also have an interest or are involved in IT related fields, creative or visual arts. We’re also looking for people who are just passionate about helping young people grow and achieve.
Being a mentor at The Clubhouse means being involved in an exciting, fun, engaging and personally (and professionally) rewarding programme. Having skills in software, designing, creative production, animation, 3D, music or photography is desirable but not essential. Being a willing learner and sharer is very important. Mentors help young people express themselves through technology. Experienced mentors learn that it’s better to follow the interests of the members instead of having the members follow the mentor’s interests. Successful mentors also become mutual learners, they empower young people by encouraging members to teach them about technology. Contact [email protected] if you are interested in becoming a mentor.
- Work with members on a specific project or activity
- Help with technical systems
- Offer a workshop
- Contribute to the Clubhouse-to-College/Clubhouse-to-Career Program
- Develop themes for group projects
- Recruit other mentors
- Work on your own projects, invite feedback or assistance from members
- Participate in the The Clubhouse Village
Contact [email protected] if you'd like to learn more.