Entry and Eligibility to the Aldi Foróige Youth Citizenship Awards
It’s easy to get involved in the Aldi Foróige Youth Citizenship Awards!
Are you involved in Foróige club or project? Or involved in a Foróige Big Brother Big Sister match? Are you involved with any other youth club or group such as Comhairle na nÓg?
If the answer is YES, then you can get involved in the programme and enter the Awards!
We are here to celebrate youth citizenship at its very best, and we want to ensure that if you’re involved in making your community a better place to live, you will be celebrated!
Let’s work to make our world a nicer place together!
Entering the Aldi Foróige Youth Citizenship Awards is easy
• Do a Citizenship Project, small scale or large scale - it does not matter as much as the involvement of young people and the project's impact on others.
• All clubs, groups and individuals involved in any aspect of Foróige's work as well as other youth clubs or groups.
• All young people entering the Aldi Foróige Youth Citizenship Awards must be between the ages of 10 and 18 years at the time of entry.
• Clubs, groups and projects are allowed to submit unlimited group and individual entries to the Aldi Foróige Youth Citizenship Awards. However, each entry must be for a separate project or activity.
• All entries should have the support of an adult volunteer or youth worker i.e. as a guide or facilitator.
• All entries must relate to projects where a substantial amount of the work took place after May 1st, 2018.
• Entrants must be available to attend the Aldi Foróige Youth Citizenship Awards.
• To enter you must compete this registration form: Registration Form
Contact [email protected] with any questions or queries
How can we support you?
We’re here to help!
You can download our Information Booklet
here! In it, you’ll find everything you need to know about the Aldi Foróige Youth Citizenship Programme.
Here’s a little taster of what’s to come…
Youth Citizenship Toolkit
The Aldi Foróige Youth Citizenship Toolkit is a resource for facilitators engaged in working with young people carrying out citizenship projects in their community. It has been designed to facilitate young people in exploring the needs of the community, developing a plan of action, and evaluating the results of a citizenship project.
The activities within the toolkit are not prescriptive; rather they provide a menu of options for your group/project from which you can choose based on the group’s age, interests or previous experience with the Citizenship programme. The activities outlined in the manual are designed to help young people understand all the elements that may Citizenship important and to encourage them to develop the best project possible with the resources available to them. Contact your local Foróige staff person to avail of Citizenship training and copy of the Toolkit.
Once you register for the Expo and meet the criteria for entry, a link to download the toolkit will be sent to you.
We can offer a 2 - 2 ½ hour training session for volunteers and young people who would like to learn more about the Aldi Foróige Citizenship Programme and to support you in using the Toolkit with your club or group. This training is provided locally.
Contact your local Foróige staff person or Regional Youth Officer or email [email protected] for more information.