Foróige's Big Brother Big Sister Programme has undergone extensive research. This research has found that the programme has many positive outcomes for the young people and volunteers involved.
Click here to find out more about how to volunteer today.
Young people with a Mentor have:
- Improved emotional wellbeing
- Better social support and relationships
- Improved attitude towards school and plans for completion of further education
- Reduced engagement in risky behaviour
- Improved parental and peer relationships
UNESCO Child and Family Research Centre, NUI Galway, 2011.
Report 2: Qualitative Evidence
Report 3: Summary Report
UNESCO Child and Family Research Centre, NUI Galway, 2018.
Other Big Brother Big Sister Related Reports