- Leadership Conference will be attended by 300 teenagers from around the world.
- Teens from almost every county in Ireland will take part.
- Young delegates to arrive from India, USA and Northern Ireland.
- Inspirational guest speakers include world leaders in the fields of space exploration; music; business and sport as well as sustainable energy technology
- Hollywood star Matt McCoy is serving as Ambassador for the Conference.
Reduced mobile phone roaming charges was highlighted as one of the key benefits of Ireland’s membership of the European Union for teenagers, a new video launched today has shown.
'A Day In The Life Of A Young European' (http://bit.ly/1gzyCin) was produced by teenage members of Ireland’s leading youth organisation, Foróige. They produced the video to mark Europe Day, which is an annual celebration of peace and unity in Europe.
Foróige Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship
- 1,500 participants generate €250k turnover in Foróige Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship (NFTE) Programme this year
- Programme turns smart ideas into business realities
Five teenage business women from Sligo are bracing themselves for success after being crowned the winners of the Youth Entrepreneur of the Year Awards 2014, organised and run by Foróige, for their business ‘Brace Yourself’.
One of Ireland’s oldest and largest youth organisations, Foróige is piloting new Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender youth clubs to fully meet the needs of young people. The organisation has established three such groups in Tallaght, Blanchardstown and Kilkenny. The clubs are open to Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender young people, their friends and young people who may be questioning their sexual orientation or gender identity.