Foróige is delighted to announce that our recommended online mental health training course for volunteers is now being rolled out. This is really useful low cost course called “ReachOut 101" and is composed of 4 sessions of about 1 hour each. The course can be taken in your own time while at home. The course includes videos, text, interactive questions and an online journal to provide a varied learning experience. To apply please contact your Foróige staff person. The course aims to:
- Increase your understanding of mental health and how to promote positive mental health with young people and in yourself
- Make you better able to recognise youth mental health problems
- Increase your understanding of how to support a young person going through a tough time
- Help you to direct a young person to further support
- Make you feel more comfortable communicating both online and face-to-face around sensitive issues
- Help you to receive a credit towards a Foróige "Level 2 Volunteer Training" Certificate.
Inspire Ireland and Foróige have worked closely to make this training course a really good resource for volunteers and staff. No matter how you work with young people - in a club, as a mentor or with staff in a project, this course is designed to take the mystery out of mental health issues and give you the language you need. Inspire Ireland have agreed a reduced fee of €44 euro for Foróige volunteers. This fee will be further reduced to €22 euro for the first 90 volunteers, as we have been enabled to subsidise the training course via the “Connected Communities” grant. Groups of 10 will get a reduction of 10% bringing the cost to just €20. District Councils or clubs with available funds can of course subsidise the cost further if they wish.
While you are doing the course, Inspire Ireland will provide you with an online supporter who will encourage you and answer any questions you may have. To give you further support, groups of 10 people can do it at the same time and you can exchange ideas with the others online.
Contact your staff person to sign up now.