Foróige has over 50 new and exciting opportunities for youth workers to join our dynamic team.
The positions are suitable to individuals who want to develop their professional careers in youth work in roles that are both flexible and rewarding.
These projects are part of a network of Youth Diversion Projects (YDP); funded by the Department of Justice and by the European Social Fund and Dormant Accounts, in conjunction with An Garda Síochána under the new Youth Justice Strategy 2021 – 2027.
YDPs engage young people in a range of needs led interventions, such as personal and social development programmes, skills building activities, education, training and employment support and social enterprise initiatives, all based on their unique circumstances.
Contracts are full time and permanent and posts are available in Dublin, Wicklow, Laois, Offaly, Longford, Monaghan, Cavan, Tipperary, Cork and Limerick. Other posts in other locations may become available during this recruitment campaign.
There are five types of posts available:
- Youth Justice Worker: Download Job Description
- Youth Justice Worker - Early Intervention (8 - 11 year olds): Download Job Description
- Youth Justice Worker - Harder to Reach Young People: Download Job Description
- Youth Justice Worker - Family Support: Download Job Description
- Senior Youth Officer: Download Job Description
For more information on Foróige Youth Diversion Projects please click here.
Benefits of Working for Foróige
Salary Scale: Competitive annual incremental salary scale with starting point between €34,500 - €40,349 based on experience. A higher scale will apply to the Senior Youth Officer Posts.
Annual Leave: 29 days annual leave plus Good Friday.
Pension: Contributory pension benefits.
Training and Development: Comprehensive induction programme including structured 9 day Foróige Induction Programme. Ongoing CPD.
Study Leave: Up to 5 days paid Study Leave per year of course.
Organisation Culture: Support and Supervision policy and practises that supports your professional development.
Employee Assistance Programme: 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme available.
Career Break: Up to 2 years Career Break after 3 years service.
Unpaid Leave: Up to 6 months Unpaid Leave Break after 1 year service.
Flexible Work: Flexible work practices that support work life balance.
Maternity and Paternity Benefit: Top up Maternity and Paternity Benefit pay.
- Third level qualification
- Commitment to the purpose of Foróige and to work within the values, policies and procedures of the organisation
- Flexibility in relation to hours of work to meet the needs of the work. Work during unsocial hours will be required
Closing date for applications has now passed.