The Foundation Certificate in Youth Leadership and Community Action is awarded to young people who have completed all three modules of Foróige’s Leadership for Life programme and have registered with NUI Galway.
• Enables participants to explore what leadership is and the type of leaders they would like to be. The module focuses on core leadership skills such as communication, problem solving, self-awareness, values and action planning.
• Enables participants to work with others to achieve a leadership goal. The module focuses on how leadership can have a positive impact on society by tackling both local and global issues. Module 2 also focuses on research skills, conflict resolution, critical thinking and exploring leadership styles.
• Enables participants to put into practice their learning from previous modules by actively engaging in a community action project of their choice, keeping a learning journal of their experiences and presenting a portfolio upon completion.
The Foundation Certificate in Youth Leadership and Community Action merits 15 ECTS (European Credit Transfer System) credits at Level 6 on the Irish National Framework of Qualifications.
Young people must:
• Be aged between 15-21 years at the time they receive certification in NUI
• Be a resident of the island of Ireland
• Register with NUI Galway
• Pay the NUI Galway registration fee of €300
• Complete Modules 1,2 and 3 of Foróige’s Leadership for Life programme by the deadline (see deadlines)
• Have their work graded by a Leadership for Life facilitator or have it graded at the Leadership conference (Foróige members only) See grading section for more information!
For further information please contact email@example.com
Registration and Payment:
Closes: 19th December
For Registration and Payment click - here.